Thursday, October 4, 2007

HW17: Favorite Blog of the Week (Bush Administration Caught Overspending…Again)

www.democrats.org/a/p/bush_administra_37.html

The blog of the week that I chose was from Democrats.org. The post explains how in a year’s time, Bush administration officials spent over $145 million on first-class travel, and over 65% of it was unauthorized and/or unjustified. This blog makes me want to go crazy. I, myself, am usually an extreme liberalist so it makes me even MORE ANGRY that the Bush administration has been doing the extra spending with all of the other very expensive political mumbo jumbo that is on their menu (a quick example: Iraq). It’s very easy to see, now more than ever, why our government is in such great debt. I’m also angered by the fact that this news comes after President Bush vetoed the bill that legislated funding for millions of low-income children’s health insurance because the bill was “excessive” in cost.

The author of the blog, Stephanie Taylor, states that the report is “further evidence of the need for government sunlight laws requiring agency disclosure or business-class travel to Congress.” I agree with her completely because I think that if the information was being fed through Congress it would be easier to spot over-spending and even more scandal inside of an administration crawling with them.

No comments: