Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ideas For Semester Project

The social computing technologies I'm interested in are blogs, social networking services, and wikis. I think I need to know more about blogs and wikis especially, because these are the two that I have the least interaction with out of my top 3. I wanted to look into social networking because I wanted to focus on how social networking can help a presidential candidate who only has 3% of the GOP vote. The Republican Senator from Texas, Dr. Ron Paul has used Facebook and MySpace to promote his campaign and to win over the cyberworld vote, which may prove to be quite a boost in this upcoming election. Dr. Paul has over 60,000 friends on MySpace and has also spread the message to Facebook, serving as the admin to his own Facebook group. In addition, I'm very interested in what is going on in our government and with anything that has to do with issues of citizenship, rights, and empowerment of undocumented residents. But, with this piece, I think I'm going to stick with how the social networking sites have helped Senator Paul and how it will unfold for the future.

No comments: